Tell Me About Your Dad!
I want to hear from women about their dads. As the father of daughters I would like to learn about your experiences as a daughter and share those stories with other dads so that we can learn and grow as fathers of daughters ourselves.
Feel free to tell me what you want to share. Here are some questions to help shape your thinking. None of these are required, except for #7 – what advice would you provide to dads of daughters.
- Tell me about your dad (appearance, work/stay-at-home, who was he?) What do you remember most about him from your childhood and teen years?
- As a child and teen, was your dad actively engaged in your life? Tell me the ways in which he participated in your life.
- If you are a parent now and your dad has had the opportunity to be a grandparent, how is he different as a grandfather as compared to his role as a dad?
- Is/was your dad emotionally available during your yout? Provide examples of ways in which he was available.
- How would you characterize your relationship with your dad during your teen years?
- What is your most enduring memory of your dad?
- What advice would you give to dads of daughters to help them be better parents?
- What else would you like to share about your dad?
Photos and Social Links
Please feel free to include a photo that I could use with the blog post when published. I will edit to the size and shape I need for posting and sharing.
Please include any social links you would like me to include and link to when I publish your submission.
I will notify you a week before your post is published and on the day once your post has been published. I will also be sharing these posts through my newsletter so feel free to sign up and read all the stories about dads.